from too big to just right

I was given this terrific Sharpie shirt as a gift awhile ago. It was purchased online, though, so when it arrived it turned out that "small" meant Men's, not Women's. I've been using it as a pyjama shirt while longing to wear it in the daytime. Tonight, I took action.


Turning it inside out, I used a favourite shirt to trace an outline (with a Sharpie... thought it was appropriate given the shirt in question, but it bled through... note for next time...). Then I cut and sewed and fiddled with the sleeves and neckline, and before I knew it... it fit! Not a bad start to my make-your-own t-shirt plan!

Lindsay  – (March 15, 2006)  

Sass! And ingenious, too.

I've been meaning to check out this book to see if it's any good: 99 Ways to Cut, Sew, Trim, and Tie Your T-Shirt into Something Special. It just came out this month.

http://www.listeninglib.com/catalog/display.pperl?isbn=9780307345561

Alice  – (March 15, 2006)  

The neckline looks great on you, Linds!

Anonymous –   – (March 15, 2006)  

whoa! cool shirt! fer realz yo!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

visitor count

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP