tiger at sea

Last October, Canongate Books launched an international competition to find an illustrator for a new edition of Yann Martel’s Man Booker-prizewinning novel Life of Pi.

Starting with about 600 entries, they've narrowed it down to a shortlist of 15. The winner will be announced in April.

Check out the shortlisted entries here (click on the link called "Life of Pi competition shortlist").

I haven't read the book yet, but it's on my List, mostly just cause it's so famous. Have you read it? Which illustrator do you think should win?

Lindsay  – (March 02, 2006)  

I've read it - I read it shortly after people started making a fuss over it. Was that when I was living in Halifax? I got a lot of reading done then. Anyway, I looked through those illustrations and the submissions I like belong to Tomer Hanuka, Andrea Offermann, Luis Lorenzana (as in the picture you selected), and Karen Schneider.

Oh, and Michael Clarke's illustration made me remember something I can't recall if I realized when I read the book, or only after. I think it spoils something, though, to illustrate a metaphor - especially one so pivotal.

Alice  – (March 09, 2006)  

My favourites are 5 (the one you have above), 7, and 9. I havne't read it either yet, but as Linds recommended it to me. And yes, you did read it in Halifax.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

visitor count

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP