you could hide in a bag... or microRevolt!

Have you ever painted yourself into a corner? How about crocheted yourself into a bag? Well, here's a movie of someone who has.

And now, moving from passive craft to the active (and activist), check out this video interview with Cat Mazza about her project, microRevolt, a series of art projects that combine knitting, machines, and digital social networks to educate about the sweatshop crisis.


As part of the project, the site offers a free program, knitPro, that you can use to transfer designs or logos into patterns that you can then knit, crochet, cross-stitch or latch-hook.*

While you're on the site, also sign the petition blanket that they are creating for Nike.

[Link via Rhizome via DV Blog]

(* On a completely selfish / obviously-not-as-important-as-fighting-against-sweatshops tangent, knitPro is awesome because ties into a thought that's been in the back of my mind for a few weeks now - about (A) how expensive and (B) how very ugly most rugs are, and (C) how I could possibly make my own. And if you're wondering why I am even considering making a rug - and I mean a large, several-feet-wide rug - read my post about lists below. See, I told you: there are always new projects!)

Anonymous –   – (March 02, 2006)  

I'm not sure if you knew this, but Cat Mazza went to Simsbury High with Jon, Annie, and I. She was one year ahead of us. Small world.

Lindsay  – (March 03, 2006)  

No, I didn't know that! That's great. Oh, SHS, you not cease to amaze!

Anonymous –   – (March 06, 2006)  

Holy crazy SHS connection, batgirl! Plus, are you forgetting that you already have rug-making experience...le tapis hooke de chats? C'etait la classe, non?

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

visitor count

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP