small wonders in an empty lot

I love discovering wonder where you least expect it. Like in an empty lot.

On my way to work, there's nothing much around the place where I transfer from Bus One to Bus Two. Except an empty lot. Which really doesn't make the wait between busses any shorter. I mean, it's not like waiting for the bus at a stop next to a newsstand, or a pet store, or a Rube Goldberg machine.

But a couple of weeks ago, on a Monday morning, look what had appeared!






A garden! On stilts! With roots showing! Fantastic!

It stayed there for a week or two, then disappeared again.

Then...



A crop circle appeared! Ok, a gravel circle. But still!

I don't know what's going on, but I like it.

Lindsay  – (April 22, 2006)  

I was playing the 2001 Space Odessey song to myself when I was looking at those ever-closer pictures of the garden on stilts... dah... daaaahh... DAH... DA-DAH!! Hee.

Alice  – (April 22, 2006)  

Maybe they're going to build a small garden??? Hmmm....wouldn't that be nice?

Lindsay  – (April 23, 2006)  

I'm pretty sure they were plastic. They look too uniform to be real, and yeah, they'd die like that...

Anonymous –   – (April 27, 2006)  

yes yes yes.. i look out onto this desolate parking lot from my house and that morning when I saw the little plants, I almost cried. I think there is green growing from the circle now.. (:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

visitor count

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP