Woop! My first craft fair was this past weeekend. It was awesome. I had a great time, met some great people, saw lots of talented crafters, got lots of great comments about my work, and even sold some of it!
A few days before the event, I started worrying that it would be like Grade 7 science fair - sitting around at your booth all day, waiting for something to happen. Super-prepared for dullsville, I brought along a book, embroidery projects and my sketchbook - but I only doodled half of one drawing all day. I was kept busy chatting to customers, friends and other crafters and wandering around the hall looking at all the marvels on display. My friend Ren also valiantly came along for company, to hold down the craft fort, to make sure I didn't go hungry, and to sell some of the buttons he made.
Here's the loot I picked up at Craftynest from some of the talented crafters:
- Snail-and-trees print purse by Nicole at It's Your Life (swapped for one of my owl purses)
- A necklace by Groovy Glass Girl
- Dreamer's Luna Blend tea made by Mamabird (also swapped for one of my owl purses)
- A chickadee print on soft green felt. (Oh no, I can't remember who made this! Sorry!)
- A mini metallic robot painting by Rebecca (a gift from Sonny - thank you!)
And, if you ever want a hat, Cozy's your gal. She also makes some lovely wrist warmers and other knitted goodness.