helvetica haiku

The documentary about the font Helvetica premiered at SXSW this week. As if that's not reason enough for typography geeks to rejoice, Manage This blog is also running a contest for font-related haikus. There are some pretty clever haikus already posted - here are some of my faves so far:

Ubiquitous font
My mom even knows your name
But I still love you

- Brian Faust

I sure like your type
maybe on some page we can
spoon like ligatures

- dory

Oh Helvetica!
You should have been a metal band
That would be Awesome

- niel

i shot the serif
left him there full of leading
yearning for kerning

- djm

COMIC SANS: a haiku

Hey guys! LOL!
I forward jokes! And cat pics!
I heart MSN.
:)

- nicole stamp


The font haiku contest runs until March 23, 2007, and the winner gets a limited edition Helvetica movie poster.

One more typographic gem: this kerning hoodie from Veer is brilliant. (If you don't get the joke, here's the definition of kerning.)

UPDATE: The contest winners have been announced!

Lindsay  – (March 17, 2007)  

Hee hee, that kerning zipup is funny... too bad it's so darn expensive!

Anonymous –   – (March 17, 2007)  

Linds - I know! I am waiting till I have a crazy urge to spurge to get it... maybe one day. (Shipping costs are also a killer.)

Kim Werker  – (March 28, 2007)  

OMG, the comic sans haiku made me laugh out loud.

Anonymous –   – (March 30, 2007)  

Hey Kim, I think you mean LOL. :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

visitor count

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP