turn the page


Bibliophiles, hold your breath. Texan photographer Cara Barer takes absolutely beautiful photographs of books - worn, tattered, curled up old books.

She gets the effect by soaking books in her bathtub...

I realized I owned many books that were no longer of use to me, or for that matter, anyone else. Would I ever need "Windows 95?" After soaking it in the bathtub for a few hours, it had a new shape and purpose. Half Price Books became a regular haunt, and an abandoned house gave me a set of outdated reference books, complete with mold and neglect. Each book tells me how to begin according to its size, type of paper, and sometimes contents.


See the full gallery of photographs here and here.

(Via Your Daily Awesome.)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

visitor count

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP