craft rock friday with feist

Feist sings a version of her lovely "1 2 3 4" song on Sesame Street. Oh, yes.

But does this count as craft rock?

I'm going to say "yes!" (and do a little rock kick), based on the following criteria:

1. The Muppets! They are some of the best crafty, sewn, googly-eyed, furry creatures on the planet.

2. Feist's album, The Reminder, was pretty darn crafty (and gorgeous, to boot!), with thread being used along with photography in the cover artwork. It was designed by Simone Rubi.

3. Here at Magpie and Cake, we strongly believe in endorsing and encouraging the adorable things in life. The video is adorable. The Muppets are adorable. Feist is adorable. Heck, even her shirt is adorable.

4. I actually have no 4th point. Except to say: 1! 2! 3! 4!

Anonymous –   – (October 10, 2008)  

I've been listening to The Reminder in my studio for weeks - I love, love, that album!

BirthRight Midwife (in training)  – (October 10, 2008)  

I like the chickens in sunglasses.

You have a great blog and I love it. I am sorry that I lurk and don't comment, but I read often. Thanks.

Gwen  – (October 17, 2008)  

I really like how Feist goes full throttle for the patented muppet head sway. Very good show!

Anonymous –   – (October 18, 2008)  

How does she know the chickens were at the shore and not out working in the field?

Alice  – (November 01, 2008)  

Ben and I are going to see Feist tonight! And Hayden will be with her!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

visitor count

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP