books for little magnolia

What do you do when your friend becomes a father? After you smile and smile, you buy books, of course. Here are my picks. I know there are so many wonderful ones out there... it was hard to choose! I wanted to try to stick to baby books, since opening it up to kids' books in general would have been too much and too early on - she was only born this past Saturday, after all. Any great ones I missed?

This book is wonderfully designed/illustrated.

My very favourite as a baby.

A classic that will never go out of style... 60 years and going strong!

Jess  – (November 03, 2008)  

Ooh, these are great! May I humbly suggest a few books I grew up with in addition?

1. Where the Wild Things Are
2. Swimmy (by Leo Lionni)
3. The Little House (by Virginia Lee Burton)
4. Gregory, the Terrible Eater
5. The Goat in the Rug
6. The Poky Little Puppy
7. Norman the Doorman
8. Blueberries for Sal
9. The Runaway Bunny (hopefully Mom isn't a softie because this one is a tearjerker)
And of course, 10. Everyone Poops

I had a thing for animals, obviously. :)

Anonymous –   – (November 04, 2008)  

Blueberries for Sal is excellent.
Another great one is "It's Dinner Time!" by Jan Pienkowski. It's a pop up book.:)

Anonymous –   – (November 10, 2008)  

My go-to book for baby showers and first birthdays has become, Oh the Places You'll Go by Dr. Seuss. Great message with all the rhyming fun you usually get from the doctor.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

visitor count

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP