owls make me want to be a better knitter

Every winter, I make a scarf or two. I only knit in straight lines; no increasing, decreasing, or any fancy stuff. I'm that kind of knitter.

But this pattern makes me want to be a better knitter: the owl sweater.



Oh my. That is quite possibly the cutest sweater ever. If those owls were mine, I would wear them ALL the time.

Needled has kindly written up and posted the pattern, so you (and I, once I learn to knit properly) can make your own owl sweater: the pattern PDF is here, and also read Needle's notes.

There's also a pattern for adorable knitted owl mittens, free from Kelbourne Woolens.

HOOT!

craftywave  – (January 25, 2009)  

Ok, lately I've been the repetitive scarf knitter myself but I am totally inspired by this owl sweater! Thanks for all the great links :)

Amanda Megan Miller  – (January 26, 2009)  

i am still so very remedial in my knitting, i can't even imagine being able to make fun little owls!

-Amanda
http://meshandlace.typepad.com

Lindsay  – (January 27, 2009)  

My mom is going to make me that sweater! I found it too and sent it to her. Woo hoo(t)!

Anonymous –   – (January 27, 2009)  

Linds, you are going to be the cutest thing ever. Send pics!

supersusie  – (January 27, 2009)  

so UNBEARABLY cute!!! thanks for the links.

Alice  – (January 28, 2009)  

Siobhan, that is such a YOU sweater! When I first saw the pic, I thought that it was of you!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

visitor count

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP