craft rock friday with patrick watson

The ultra-charming Patrick Watson recently performed at this summer's Jazz Fest in Montreal. I wasn't there (though my lucky friend Annie was!), but based on this clip from his show, I bet he charmed the pants off the entire crowd.

He performed his song, "Where the Wild Things Are" - which, yes, is based on Maurice Sendak's fabulous story! - accompanied by the most captivating display of hand shadow puppets. I love the running fox, and the bunny, and the tough dude with the big arms, and... well, all of it. Simply brilliant.



I can't figure out how to embed this video, so you'll have to click here to watch it.

I'd recommend checking out some of the other Patrick Watson clips, too - especially "Fireweed" (handmade thunder!) and "Walking Song" (portable speakers!).

Rachel@oneprettything.com  – (July 22, 2009)  

That's awesome! What a fun idea to use the puppets. This is my first visit to your blog and I love it here! Heather of CroqZIne emailed me about it this morning and linked me to your fabulous joke advent calender. That is the coolest calender ever! I would love to link to it if you didn't mind!

Annie D  – (July 29, 2009)  

I must add that the puppetry is the work of a single puppeteer, who came from India specifically for the show (or so we were told).

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Recent Posts

There was an error in this gadget

visitor count

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP