craft rock friday with patrick watson

The ultra-charming Patrick Watson recently performed at this summer's Jazz Fest in Montreal. I wasn't there (though my lucky friend Annie was!), but based on this clip from his show, I bet he charmed the pants off the entire crowd.

He performed his song, "Where the Wild Things Are" - which, yes, is based on Maurice Sendak's fabulous story! - accompanied by the most captivating display of hand shadow puppets. I love the running fox, and the bunny, and the tough dude with the big arms, and... well, all of it. Simply brilliant.



I can't figure out how to embed this video, so you'll have to click here to watch it.

I'd recommend checking out some of the other Patrick Watson clips, too - especially "Fireweed" (handmade thunder!) and "Walking Song" (portable speakers!).

Rachel@oneprettything.com  – (July 22, 2009)  

That's awesome! What a fun idea to use the puppets. This is my first visit to your blog and I love it here! Heather of CroqZIne emailed me about it this morning and linked me to your fabulous joke advent calender. That is the coolest calender ever! I would love to link to it if you didn't mind!

Annie D  – (July 29, 2009)  

I must add that the puppetry is the work of a single puppeteer, who came from India specifically for the show (or so we were told).

ESLAM UWK  – (June 27, 2022)  

هل تريد شراء اثاث مكتبي من شركة ستار وود من اكبر شركات اثاث مكتبىفي مصر يمكنك الذهاب إلى معرض الشركة واختيار الأثاث المكتبي المناسب. الشركات لديها الكثير من الأشكال المختلفة ، الكلاسيكية أو الحديثة ، لأن العديد من الشركات تختلط عند اختيار الأثاث المكتبي. ستار وود هي واحدة من أكبر الشركات في السوق المصري اليوم.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

visitor count

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP