2006: a year to love

Yesterday I braved the boxing week sales to buy a new pair of jeans. I ended up getting this t-shirt from American Eagle, which is craftalicious, on sale, sparkly (aka bedazzled!) and oh-so-wise. "Love the things that make you happy," it says. I think this may well be my New Year's resolution. It's a simple thing, but somehow easy to forget when you get caught up in the stresses of day-to-day life. Craft is one of the things that keeps me grounded, makes me happy and inspires me. Much like my family and friends.

In the spirit of loving the happy-makers, today was fabulous. I slept in, had coffee and crumpets for breakfast and made a mixed cd of fun music, which became my soundtrack for the day. In preparation for tonight's NYE celebrations, I made kahlua & chocolate chip cookies, bought wine and made buttons for the party hosts. My day was going so well, I wondered how it could get any better. With pom poms, of course!

I haven't made pom poms since I was about ten years old, but there was an article about pom poms in this month's Bust that caught my eye. At first, I was going to make a pom pom necklace, but part way through I realized that was a bit too much, so I turned it into a dangly pom pom thing to hang under my lamp.

Happy New Year to all of you. I hope 2006 is full of the things that make you happy. Remember to love and appreciate them - and yourselves, too. Over and out till next year.

Ponin and The Body  – (January 07, 2006)  

need recipe to cookies!!!!! Pls. my sister and I enjoy your blog on a regular basis, this would ony add to our enjoyment. thanks Ponin

Lindsay  – (January 09, 2006)  

Hi Ponin! Here's the recipe for you. The cookies are delicious - and actually very easy to make... I made them without pecans because my friend is allergic, but I'm sure they're even better with.

Chocolate Kahlua & Pecan Cookies

1 cup unsalted butter
2 cups brown sugar
2 eggs
1/4 cup Kahlua liqueur
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 cup chopped pecans
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (semi-sweet or milk chocolate)

Preheat oven to 350F (190C). Use electric beater to mix butter and sugar; cream together at high speed. Add eggs, one at a time, until incorporated, and Kahlua; beat until smooth.

In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda and cocoa. Add to butter mixture and mix to incorporate. Stir in nuts and chocolate chips.

Drop about a tablespoon of dough onto a parchment-lined baking sheet, leaving about 2" between cookies (though I left far less, really, and it was fine).

Bake 8-10 minutes, or until the edges are lightly browned. Place on wire rack to cool.

Makes approx. 36 cookies. Enjoy!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

visitor count

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP