hostess craftcakes

Remember a few months ago when I blogged about Anselmo Swan, the artist who paints hyper-real cupcakes and other sugary treats? Well, two very wonderful (and sneaky) people* gave me a special gift - one of his paintings! It's so great, I just have to share. Cause I know you like sugar, too.



Looks even better than the real thing, huh? That is actually the very first Hostess cupcake I have ever eaten. It seemed wrong to have that painting and not actually eat one. Which brings up my tally of Hostess ultra-processed snack cakes up by one point:


My Lifetime Consumption of Hostess Snack Cakes To Date:
Twinkies: 0
Cupcakes: 1
Ho Hos: 0
Suzy Q's; 0
Ding Dongs: 0
Donettes: 0

Well, what I lack in consumption of these junkie treats, I will make up for now - at least by looking at my painting!

And it seems that many crafty types have paid homage to the Hostess Cupcake, in all shapes and sizes:



Now that's a lotta sugar. Wheeeeeee!


---
*I know you like to stay anomymous online... But thank you!!!

Anonymous –   – (April 24, 2007)  

Hostess products are like Mexican food - they each contain the same ingredients in different configurations. How have you gone this far in life with such a Hostess void though? Please tell me you've partaken in the Little Debbie line of goodness at least?

Anonymous –   – (April 24, 2007)  

Carrire - that's a very good point about all the cakes being the same! Same stuff, different shape.

I just had to Google "Little Debbie" - that's how little I know! - though maybe we don't have that brand in Canada? My family was just not into the whole packaged cakes thing, I guess. I've only had 2 slurpies, too. And that's only been in the past 2 years. ;)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

visitor count

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP