- Sunday, November 25th (11am to 6pm): I Heart Crafts at the Ukrainian Cultural Centre, 805 East Pender Street at Hawks, in Strathcona. Two bucks gets to you into to see (and buy) a ton of indie crafting goodness.
- Sunday, November 25th: Portbello West fashion and art market at the Rocky Mountaineer Station, 1755 Cottrell Street (near Home Depot). Great for clothes, jewellry and soap.
- Saturday, November 24 and Sunday, November 25th (11am to 6pm both days): Women's Winter Faire at Heritage Hall, 3102 Main Street at 15th Avenue. Here's the list of artisans there in November. Note that some are only there on one of the days.
- Saturday, December 1st and Sunday, December 2nd: Heritage Hall One-of-a-Kind Christmas Craft Fair at Heritage Hall, 3102 Main Street. $2 = 50 vendors!
- Saturday, December 8th, 12 noon – 6pm: The Vancouver Craft Mafia Holiday Craft Sale at Blim, 197 East 17th Avenue at Main Street. This is the mysterious Vancouver Craft Mafia's first ever holiday craft sale. Crafters include Bronsino Designs for Living, Demo Derby, Goodmorning, Morning!, Iglubu, Patina Designs, The Petri Dish, Toodlebunny, and Wendy Russell of HGTV's She's Crafty. Entry by donation at the door.
- Saturday, December 8th and Sunday, December 9th (11am to 6pm both days): The second installment of the Women's Winter Faire at Heritage Hall, 3102 Main Street at 15th Avenue.
- Saturday, December 15th: Blim's Green Christmas Market II, at Blim (and spilling over into the Public Lounge next door), 197 East 17th Avenue at Main Street. All crafters are "green" in some way - recycled materials, alternative fibres, and so on. This is the craft fair I'm most excited about.
Listed crafters are: Tanis Alexis, Nicole Bridger, Bueno Style, Bring Your Own Bag, Catalyst Creations, Contexture Design, Dominic Design, Dotted Loop, Elroy Apparel, Lemonade, Mod to Modern, Nixxi Clothing, Pretty Pleased, Ragged Wire, TeaCandles, and Torn Clothing.
- Sunday, December 16th: Another edition of the Portbello West fashion and art market at the Rocky Mountaineer Station, 1755 Cottrell Street (near Home Depot).
Happy craft hunting!
P.S. If you're super-dedicated (or just get caught up in a buying frenzy at all these craft fairs!), you can take the pledge to buy only handmade goods this holiday season (and request that others do so for you). Personally, although I support the ideas behind this, I can't pledge it - not everything on my gift list is handmade... what about books?
UPDATE: Here are a couple MORE craft fairs!: Anti-Seam Social Ripper Craft Fair and Toque. Click here for deets.