More at MOV

Not only is The Museum of Vancouver (aka MOV) screening Handmade Nation this Friday, they're also hosting another DIY Night!


MOV AT NIGHT: DIY @ MOV 2
April 09, 2010 / 7:00 PM

Back by popular demand! A social-crafting night featuring workshops and a craft market by Birkeland Bros. Wool, Collage Collage, and Got Craft?.

An event for craft newbies and seasoned creators.
Music – Bar – Free Materials – Workshops
$15, Members free

The first DIY Night was lots of fun. I could hardly believe the line-up to get into the event! The museum was filled to the brim with creative, crafty people. My advice: get there early! Most of the supplies were already taken before I got there (except for the insanely huge pile of yarn!). But there was still lots of paper and pens left, so I grabbed a pink marker and spread out the floor to draw.... I left my drawing there (on purpose), and guess what? The MOV used it on their website to advertise the new DIY Night! Nice!!


Kirsti Wakelin (who also designed the Art Of Craft exhibit) posted a great set of photos from the first DIY @ MOV event up on Flickr. And if you haven't yet seen the Art of Craft exhibit, this is the perfect chance to catch it before it closes on April 11th.

col  – (March 17, 2010)  

I missed the first one..I hope I can make it! Nice drawing :)

Lisa  – (April 11, 2010)  

That's your drawing?? That's so awesome!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

visitor count

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP