Spring Cleaning!

As you can see, we've been doing some Spring cleaning here at Magpie and Cake!

Although I was fond of our little purple magpie on a pink cupcake, it was time to freshen up the place. I hope you like it - and feel at home here.

Here's the old design:



And here's the updated look:



I bought the green vintage sewing machine at a yard sale when I moved to Vancouver eight years ago. It barely works anymore, but is still oh so pretty, so now it's simply a source of beauty and inspiration on my dresser - and now on this blog, too!

Lindsay  – (March 19, 2010)  

It looks much better, Sio. I really love the new design - the colours, the image, the general layout... very clean and calming. I feel inspired to get posting again...!

colene  – (March 19, 2010)  

Lovely new redesign. I am so jealous of your vintage sewing machine! beautiful!

Siobhan  – (March 19, 2010)  

Thanks! The machine was a real score, too - only about $30. Totally worth it, even it no longer works!

Alice  – (April 05, 2010)  

Lovely! Just checked in and love the new layout. Miss the magpie, but it's also nice to have a change!

Unknown  – (April 12, 2010)  

I love that new style! the picture of the sewing machine is amazing! Good job!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

visitor count

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP