call for submissions: be in the next stitch 'n bitch book

Debbie Stoller wants your help. Here's her call for submissions for her next Stitch 'n Bitch book:

Dearest stitchers 'n bitchers:

I'm gearing up to get cracking on my next Stitch 'n Bitch book. It's going to be an advanced knitting manual, and I'm looking for patterns that incorporate a bit of fancy-pants knitting such as cables, lace, color work (either intarsia or fair isle or, hell, both!), beading, etc. The book will be covering these techniques in great detail, as well as much more. Patterns can range from clothing to accessories to household items to baby things and pet items. Even first-time designers are invited to contribute. I'm looking for lively, fun projects, and I'm especially interested in socks and sweaters.

So put on your thinking caps, cause submissions are due June 19, 2006!

To submit, please send the following:

1) If you have a completed project, please send a few good-quality photos of the item, along with a detailed description of it.

OR

2) If you can't get a large project done in time to meet the deadline,dont worry. Just send me a very clear, detailed sketch of your project idea (include basic measurements, fit information, etc), along with a photo of a rather large swatch (at least 10" x 10") made in the yarns and stitch patterns you plan to use.

Photos of projects and swatches can be emailed to me at stitchnbitch@bust.com, or mailed to me here: Debbie Stoller, BUST Magazine, 78 Fifth Ave, 5th floor, New York, NY 10011.

IMPORTANT: Please be sure to include your full name, email addresses, daytime and evening phone numbers, and mailing address, along with your submissions. Include a SASE (self-addressed stamped envelope) if you'd like me to mail your submission back to you after I've made my selections.

It will take me at least 2-3 weeks to make my selections. If your project is accepted, you will be provided with the yarn you need to produce a sample, which will be photographed for the book and kept by me (to take on tour, 'natch!). You will also be paid for your submission, your pattern will be credited to you in the book and will run alongside a brief bio, and of course, you will receive a free copy of the book once it is completed.

If you have any questions about the process, feel free to email me. Thanks in advance, everyone!

xxxooo deb

-----------
Debbie Stoller
www.knithappens.com

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

visitor count

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP