monster mitten


So I'm taking a break from knitting the most frustrating socks ever (very fine black yarn + tiny needles + big foot = argh) to make some mittens for one I feel needs them. I picked out a beautiful pattern, bought some bamboo needles (so pretty & great to work with) and some yarn that I'd have to double up on to fit the constraints of the pattern. Or so I thought! I am half done the pair and have a monster mitten on my hands.


Now, I feel that this is pretty funny, but I'm also frustrated, as I wanted these mittens to be perfect. Sure, they look good, but they're going to be the size of oven mitts! Of baseball gloves! It's incredibly frustrating to get to this point, after having put in (half) the work and having followed the pattern so carefully. Seriously, what happened? Is it because two strands of chunky are not equal to bulky weight, as I was assured in the knitting store? That's all I can think of.

Luckily for me, the mitten recipient is very understanding and seems to like them anyway.

More on my quilt when I have a chance to get back to it. Maybe this weekend.

Anonymous –   – (January 28, 2006)  

that's why you must always do a test to check your guage! (something i never, ever, ever do, so i'm really not one to preach).

i like the monster mitts though. there's plenty of room to wiggle your fingers around, or to put an extra layer inside on really cold days.

Anonymous –   – (January 28, 2006)  

That is one big mitten...

Enough break from my sock though, back to work! :P

Anonymous –   – (January 30, 2006)  

I think I've said it before, but that picture of you with the mitt is the best thing I've ever seen. It belongs on Sesame Street or something.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

visitor count

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP