let the wild rumpus start!

How terribly, terribly wonderful is this?

Terrible Yellow Eyes is a new project started by Cory Godbey, who has invited artists to contribute their own tributes to the classic picture book, Where the Wild Things Are.



Over the coming weeks and months I'll display a growing collection of works created by invited contributing artists and myself. We share a love and admiration for Sendak's work and the pieces we present here are done as a tribute to his life and legacy.

Simply put, like a visual love letter to the book, with Terrible Yellow Eyes I am seeking to celebrate and promote the original masterwork by Maurice Sendak in the best way I know how -- with pictures."


Read the rest of Cory's heart-felt explanation. I'm sure many of us can relate to what he says about this book and Maurice Sendak - I know I can.



There are already a lot of amazing pieces posted on Terrible Yellow Eyes. I can't wait to see what else emerges as the project evolves.

Pictured here are works by Mike Lee and Jared Chapman.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

visitor count

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP