the aww factor

It was a long, mildly crazymaking day at work for me - and, it seems, also for a lot of people I talked to.

But do not despair. Here's an image I came across today that cheered me up immensely.

Apparently, it's from an ad campaign from Banana Republic. But don't let that deter you from being endeared.

It reminds me of the May 2006 issue of Luerzer's Archive magazine, which featured a koala in a snowsuit. I almost bought this issue just because of that little guy on the cover.



Yes, animals with human clothes on. Somehow it has that knee-jerk aww-inducing effect. And I mean that in a good way.

Alice  – (February 01, 2007)  

...BUT, were any llamas poorly treated in the creation of this advertisement?
:)

Anonymous –   – (February 01, 2007)  

Alice - I doubt it. Unless you count having to wear a scarf made of his own hair. ;)

Anonymous –   – (February 05, 2007)  

Thank you! That llama makes my day, too. I have a vivid memory of watching a Mr. Rogers segment with a llama visiting the dentist and I've had a soft spot for them ever since.

Anonymous –   – (February 05, 2007)  

Carrie - that is TOO awesome, I had to try track it down... and I found the clip. Thanks!!

Anonymous –   – (April 16, 2007)  

I know the owner of this Llama and have met this Llama many times. The owner's name is Sheri Templeton and she lives in Alna, ME (same town as I [population 604] and she is a really good friend of mine as well as my old science teacher).

I forgot this specific llama's name because Sheri has 48 llamas and they are all named after Native American words which is hard for me to remember...

Here is the story. Banana Republic was originally looking for alpachas(sp?) to represent their alpacha clothing for the season, so B.R. goes to The Alpacha Store[a store and they have their own alpacha's] (which is down the road from Sheri, still in Alna). B.R. didn't find the right "look" so The Alpacha Store people advised that they take a visit to Sheri's farm.

B.R. loved what they saw and quickly discovered the llama they would use.

Wanna know a secret? This llama is actually autistic. Thats right, out of 48 llamas Banana Republic choose the Autistic one.


Just thought I would share this info since it's kinda an interesting story.

Anonymous –   – (April 23, 2007)  

AlishaMisha - that is incredible! Thanks so much for that story. I guess the "six degrees of separation" theory applies to llamas, too! :)

golieman  – (December 16, 2008)  

Yeah thats my teachers llama.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

visitor count

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP