reading rainbow

A while back, I posted a link to an article asking how people arranged their bookshelves. I love the idea of organizing books by colour. I considered doing this to my own collection, but don't really have a bright enough spectrum of spines to make it work. More fuschia reading required on my part, I guess. Not everyone has this problem though - take a look at some of these gorgeous rainbow results...

This is Chotda's bookshelf. I think she has the perfect couch to offset her vibrant bookshelf.


This bright bookshelf belongs to Yvestown.



Yvestown also has a fab wallpapered bookshelf which is pretty great, too.

Alice  – (February 19, 2007)  

I like colour of Chotda's bookcase as well. The deep, dark brown wood looks great with the brightly coloured books!

Rayhan  – (February 28, 2007)  

Chotda's bookshelf is beautiful. it is a treat because bookshelves are not usually 'designed' for aesthetics, so it caught me off guard.

i think i'll try this out :)

Working Girl  – (February 28, 2007)  

Love this - judging a bookshelf by it's covers! I like arranging bookshelves by publisher, because all the different editions go together and look better (yep, I'm a publishing nerd…) but this is great too.

Adobe Books, in San Francisco, had its bookshelves reclassified by color by artist Chris Cobb, in an art installation called "There Is Nothing Wrong In The World". It's gone now, but there's a group called Rainbow of Books on flickr.com who are all about this sort of stuff - check it out for a bit of inspiration!

Anonymous –   – (February 28, 2007)  

It looks great. I should try it.

Anonymous –   – (August 27, 2010)  

Love it!! I tried this ages ago when I first saw it here, but forget to show it. So here you are!

http://veetje.wordpress.com/2010/08/27/kleur/

Siobhan  – (August 30, 2010)  

veetje - Nice! It looks great! :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

visitor count

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP