bringing the rainbow inside

It's a rainy Sunday out there - and by 'rainy', I mean monsoon - so I'm getting caught up on projects around the house.

Of course, it's always more fun to do the non-essential projects first... So I rearranged my bookshelf by colour. I've posted before about people who have done this - see here and here - and I figured it was time to try it out for myself.

Here's what my bookshelf looked liked before. Quite messy and drab.



And here's what it looks like now. Much prettier, don't you think?





Arranging my books by colour has definitely cheered up my living room. And now whenever I feel like reading something green, I'll know just where to look.

Lindsay  – (May 20, 2007)  

That looks great! I can't believe how well that worked... I feel like I don't have enough books, or enough books of different/same colours for that... but does it ever fill the space more nicely. Pretty!! I want to do that now, number and colours of books be damned...

Anonymous –   – (May 20, 2007)  

I didn't think I'd have enough brightly coloured books either. When you look at the 'before' photo, it looks like all my books are bland colours... who knew I had so many orange spines?! Try it!

Travis  – (May 21, 2007)  

It really does look wonderful!

I would hate to disrupt my own genre/size hybrid system, though.

Anonymous –   – (May 28, 2007)  

it really does look so much better! i recently reorganized my books too and i am amazed at how much nicer they look by color!
good work!

Erin Z  – (June 02, 2007)  

I loved Oh The Glory of it All... I am so glad to see it on your (beautimous) shelves!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

visitor count

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP