taking it to the streets

Thanks to my hour long bus ride to work every day, I'm able to keep up with the minute goings-on of my route. Out the window, I check out new shop window displays, the church signs (my fave of recent memory: "Spirits and Eyebrows: Jesus Raised Both"), and what the person sitting in the Falun Gong protest box outside the Chinese embassy is up to (usually they're either meditating or reading).

Recently, I was very excited to see a crafty change along the route: knitted graffiti! I've read about Knitta and other groups who 'tag' city streets with knitting, but had never seen any in real life.

Tucked under the edge of the knitting were some little flyers advertising Got Craft?, billed as "a modern twist to a conventional craft fair... because mall is a four letter word".

Got Craft? is on twice this summer: Saturday May 12 & Sunday May 13 from 10am to 4pm at the Western Front at 303 East 8th Ave in Vancouver, and again on Saturday July 21 from 2pm to 8pm at the Western Front at 303 East 8th Ave The Kits House (Vine St. and W.7th Ave.) in Vancouver.

The show's brought to you by the peeps who brought knitted graffiti to Vancouver, so it's gotta be rad.

Anonymous –   – (May 17, 2007)  

Hmm, I'm too late for the May date but I wonder if I can make the July one. It *will* be my birthday weekend after all.

Anonymous –   – (May 17, 2007)  

Ambika - a birthday is a perfectly reasonable excuse to buy yourself some crafty presents! Or bring along someone and hint like mad. :)

Anonymous –   – (July 17, 2007)  

Hello! Thanks to everyone who came out to the first Got Craft? show in May. It was a blast. But just to let you know the second one (on July 21st) will be at Kits House (Vine St. and W.7th Ave.) not at The Western Front :) Hope to see you all there! Cheers!

Amalia
(www.AnabellaDesigns.etsy.com)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

visitor count

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP